January 17, 2012

FFR: Retro Casual in Myriad Colours

I love vintage clothing and have since forever ago, and I'm a self-avowed thrift-junkie. My affection for retro looks isn't confined to one era, either! Today, let me share my interpretation of the feminine androgyny of the 1940s and the almost-ridiculous exuberance of the 1970s.







Powder blue polyester blouse - Mantles Petites - thrifted years ago
Cranberry mohair grandpa cardigan - hand knitted - thrifted @ Salvation Army in KL
Flared jeans - Calvin Klein - thrifted years ago

Multi-coloured silk scarf - Anne Klein - thrifted years ago

No make-up, I just ran some errands!




Brown eyelet cotton blouse - Jessica Sport - thrifted years ago
Psychedelic granny-square vest - hand crocheted - thrifted @ Salvation Army in KL
Bell-bottom jeans - Manager - thrifted years ago

Single brass box-chain and red freshwater pearl earring - found on the streets of Sudbury
Labradorite 2g plug - $10 @ Weggies in KL
Wood bangle - Ardene
Red octagonal bangle - thrifted
Chinese brass bangle -$5 at a Chinese goody shop

Basic face (foundation, mascara, highlighter)
Lid: Avon shadow duo in pinks - dark pink
Crease: Avon shadow in Turquoise
Brow: Avon shadow duo in pinks - light pink
Lips: Avon Shine Divine Sheer Luminous Lip Colour in Juicy Bronze (discontinued)

1 comment:

  1. Hi my dear friend, I found your very nice blog and I like your style so so much.. I like all your dresses and also your jeweleries are amazing...
    Nice to meet you. All best wishes..
    xoxo
    http://becktovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete