August 24, 2011

Hallowe'en 2011 - Footwear Fabulosity

So I just spent an HOUR looking for a particular page I'd seen on making hoof boots, because it lists a specific eBay seller in Germany who sells heel-less boots for waaaaaay cheaper than the North American sellers. Thank you, thank you, thank you, The Heels Commando for your Pony Boots Project! The seller is Ruby-Fashion, who offers heel-less boots starting at just 1.99 Euros. Commando mentions that the boots she bought were rather cheaply made (not surprising) and definitely recommends bidding, as opposed to Buy It Now. So that'll be $60 CAD including the shipping if no one bids against me for the boots I want.


Eich, white... BUT, they're polyvinyl, so I can literally get a can of Krylon in nude/beige/cream and spray paint them! Then it's just a matter of making the hoof portion and painting it gold. My biggest concern, however, is that Commando said the customer service from Ruby-Fashion was abysmal, and considering I'd like these here in say, 3 weeks after ordering so that I have time to customize them.... Yeah, it worries me a smidgeon.

I'm getting awfully frustrated by the lack of affordable fetish footwear out there! Once again, if anyone knows of or has a pair of pre-loved pony/heel-less shoes or boots in size 7.5 or 8, I'd love to know about them!

Keep Crafty :D

No comments:

Post a Comment