November 26, 2011

Fashion For Real - 11/25/11

Well, it turns out that I'm flying solo at work, at least for awhile. My compatriot got on the wrong side of the Boss-Man one time too many and was told not to return. Good news for me, because then I'm not competing for sales! YAY! No idea how long this will last, however.

I've made a new outfit, which garnered compliments from both my handsome other half and several of my co-workers. Earlier this week, I picked up a paint-splattered Chaps by Ralph Lauren chambray button-down from the thrift store. FOR FREE!!! Once I was done gushing about how awesomely destroyed it is, the lady at the counter said "Oh, well if it's wrecked, just take it. Don't know why it's out on the floor." I saved a whole $2.

FYI, button-down shirts and button-up shirts are not necessarily the same thing. If you'll look closely, my fab new top has the collar points "buttoned down." I wanted a 40s-inspired look, so I paired it with the only trouser-jeans I own (which created unflattering crotch-shadows in the harsh light of the kitchen, regardless of how elegantly I stood...), and put the front of my hair in a twist. The make-up is very simple with some eyelid contouring and totally classic blue-tinged red lipstick. And no, I did not wear my slippers to work :P


Paint-splattered chambray button-down - Chaps (Ralph Lauren) - FREE, bytches!
Generic dark red long-line tee - Giant Tiger many, many moons ago
Trouser jeans with attachable suspender-straps - Foxy Jeans - $75 from Pantorama (2008)
Asics cross trainers (not shown)

Avon lipliner in True Red (discontinued)
Avon Beyond Colour lipstick in Chili (discontinued)


2 vintage red plastic bangles, one round, one octagonal
DKNY mesh-band watch ($6 @ auction)
Hinged bangle from Ardene

No comments:

Post a Comment